Did you know that Frankincense is often referred to as the KING of oils? There is also a saying within the EO industry that says, “When in Doubt, USE Frankincense.” Not only is Frankincense renowned as one of the most prized and precious essential oils, it also has extraordinary health benefits.* It’s no wonder the Wise Men saw fit to present it as a gift to the Christ child. Anciently, Frankincense was burned by the Babylonians and the Assyrians in religious ceremonies, while the Egyptians used Frankincense resin for everything from perfume to salves for soothing skin. This centuries-old knowledge contributes to the modern uses of Frankincense today. Below is a list of over a dozen ways YOU can benefit from the heavenly properties of Frankincense oil.
Application: Aromatic, Internal, Topical /Neat
THE DAILY DOZEN PLUS
- Diffuse during your yoga practice to focus your intention for the day.
- Diffuse with Wild Orange to uplift the mood in any environment.
- Take one to two drops in a Veggie capsule to support healthy cellular function.*
- For a big boost to the immune system, combine a few drops of Frankincense, Lemon, Melaleuca, On Guard, and Peppermint in a capsule and take internally.
- Add to moisturizer to reduce the appearance of blemishes and to rejuvenate the skin.
- When traveling somewhere dry, apply Frankincense to maintain healthy looking fingernails.
- Apply to the bottom of your feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood.
- Great to use with On Guard in Fractionated Coconut Oil when ‘Oil Pulling.”
- Frankincense oil can help with wound healing and may decrease the appearance of scars.
- Place one drop in palm of hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Peppermint and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up.
- After a day of outdoor activity, massage Frankincense into hands and feet for a warming and soothing effect.
- For the best night’s sleep ever, layer Balance, Frankincense, and Serenity on the back of your neck right before going to sleep.
- Add several drops to Epsom Salts and pour into a hot bath and let it soak away your feelings of stress.
- Try our “Too Much Fun in the Sun” Spray to relieve the effects of a day at the beach.
Frankincense 15 mL
CAUTIONS: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
If you are interested in joining dōTERRA and would like access to your personal Wellness Advocate coach who will help you along every stage of your family wellness goals you can join here and we will be in touch shortly!