What’s your favorite mint flavor? Spearmint is one of the more mellow mint flavors out there. It is widely used in gums, candies, and dental products for its minty taste, and to promote fresh breath. Spearmint has also been used for centuries for its digestive benefits. Its sweet, refreshing aroma is cleansing and uplifting, making it ideal to evoke a sense of focus and positive mood. As Spearmint is a bit milder than Peppermint, it is often the preferred option to use on children and those with sensitive skin. Spearmint is a must in every kitchen as it can be frequently used in salads, dressings, meat marinades, drinks, desserts and a variety of DIY products.
Application: Aromatic, Internal, Topical /Sensitive
THE DAILY DOZEN
- Diffuse to uplift mood
- Use as a mild alternative to Peppermint essential oil.
- Apply to toothbrush before brushing teeth for fresh breath.
- Add a drop or two to any dessert, drink, salad, or entrée for flavoring
- For occasional stomach upset, add 1–2 drops to water and drink*
- Promotes digestion and helps reduce occasional stomach upset*
- Promotes a sense of focus.
- Use as a mouthwash. Spearmint cleanses the mouth and promotes fresh breath
- Try our Citrus Mint Sugar Scrub, it’s a refreshing blend of Spearmint and Citrus Bliss.
- Spearmint adds the perfect touch to our Mint Mojito drink.
- Add Spearmint to Epsom Salts along with Wild Orange for an invigorating soak in the tub.
- For a quick summer cool down, put a few drops in a glass spray bottle, fill with water, and mist as needed.
Spearmint 15 mL
CAUTIONS: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
If you are interested in joining dōTERRA and would like access to your personal Wellness Advocate coach who will help you along every stage of your family wellness goals you can join here and we will be in touch shortly!